WebFetch is available from and from Comprehensive Perl Archive Network (CPAN) mirror sites worldwide.
- August 20, 2000
- Added to WebFetch FAQ: "How can I use WebFetch to make dynamic content on my personal home page?", which points to Brian Coyle's HOWTO on the topic.
- November 16, 1999
- See the slides from Ian Kluft's Nov 5, 1999 presentation about WebFetch at ELUG in Orlando, Florida.
- September 25, 1999
- See the WebFetch FAQ if you're experiencing problems with "Modification of a read-only value" errors. The old workaround has been replaced by a real solution.
- September 15, 1999
- WebFetch 0.10 beta adds the new Embedding API and other updates.
- September 14, 1999
- There is a new WebFetch Users Mail List.
- August 23, 1999
- Many thanks to LinuxToday for listing WebFetch first among the applications and news tickers that provide their headlines.
- August 15, 1999
- WebFetch 0.09 beta adds a new LinuxTelephony module, contributed by Greg Youngblood as well as modules for Linux Dev.Net, 32BitsOnline and other updates
- August 1, 1999
- WebFetch 0.08 beta adds a new DebianNews module contributed by Chuck Ritter, as well as other updates
Many thanks to Slashdot for listing WebFetch first among the tools that can display headlines from their site.
- July 6, 1999
- WebFetch 0.07 beta adds a new CNETnews module contributed by Jamie Heilman, as well as other updates
- May 4, 1999
- WebFetch 0.06 beta updates the CNNsearch and EGAuthors modules for changes in those sites
- April 11, 1999
- WebFetch 0.05 beta released
WebFetch::PerlStruct has been introduced in version 0.05. A coding example has been added to the WebFetch FAQ.
- April 10, 1999
- EHeadlines 1.2 can now put news from WebFetch sites on your Enlightenment desktop
- April 8, 1999
- WebFetch 0.04 beta released
WebFetch::CNNsearch and WebFetch::COLA have been introduced in version 0.04
- April 4, 1999
- The WebFetch FAQ has been started with its first question: "How can I use CPAN to install WebFetch?"
- March 24, 1999
- WebFetch has been deployed by MTLUG in Montana
- March 21, 1999
- WebFetch 0.03 beta released
WebFetch::General has been introduced in version 0.03
WebFetch 0.03 can export to user-created MyNetscape channels
- March 10, 1999
- WebFetch has been deployed by WVARA in Silicon Valley
- January 11, 1999
- WebFetch 0.01 beta released